- Utilizes its own Motion Control CPU the AM335x 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8 processor
- 8 Outputs to command and control Relays, Contactors, Solenoids, etc..
- Uses fast reliable Ethernet communication between the CNC PC and the control board
- Run any axis motor drive that accepts step and direction input
- Touch Screen Enabled Centroid CNC12 Software included -- Free for educational, home hobby and start up shop use.
The Centroid Acorn CNC controller is a 4 axis step and direction open loop CNC control board with built-in 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8 Motion Control CPU, PLC with 8 optically isolated inputs and 8 outputs (6 open collector and 2 relay), 1 encoder input, a 12 bit analog output for control of a VFD, and four axis drive interface connections. A reliable, high performance, industrial quality CNC control at a do-it-yourself price. Acorn controls a wide variety of small to large axis motors and drives with industry standard step and direction command signal. It can be used with most any AC brushless servo motor drive packages. Perfect for CNC milling machines, a wide variety of CNC Routers, CNC lathes to CNC Lasers, 3D printers and other specialty applications. It runs in conjunction with Centroid CNC12 control software on a PC that meets the Centroid minimum CNC PC requirements (Windows 10) and communicates though a reliable Ethernet connection with the CNC PC. Acorn runs on standard G and M codes. Create part programs with the built-in conversational software or any CAD/CAM system.
1 - Acorn rev 4 CNC control board
1 - 24VDC power supply with leads
1 - Plug and Play Relay module
1 - 110VAC power cord
1 - 15’ Shielded Ethernet cable
Centroid Free CNC software
DIY Support available through Centroid Community CNC Forum (Centroid Tech monitored & maintained)
A 1920x1080 wide screen LCD Display is required and a Touch Screen is recommended
Visit our Support section for more information.