- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC
- Custom current-to-voltage output stage with high-end filtering
- Four ultra-low-noise linear voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply required
The HiFiBerry DAC2 HD is our most sophisticated and best performing board, designed for demanding audiophiles who expect the best performance possible. By inheriting the best features of the +Pro board (dual-domain clocks, Burr-Brown chip, etc.), and adding linear power filters to reduce noise, the DAC2 delivers more excitement in your music than ever before.
In addition to the enhanced performance of the DAC2, this model series will also support add-on boards such as a DSP module, to support user-designed filters for room and speaker correction in the digital domain. This allows for far greater purity of signal than would be possible ‘downstream’ after the signal is converted to analog.
1 - DAC2 HD Board
4 - M2.5x12mm spacers (mounting to Raspberry Pi)
HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
Gold plated RCA output connectors
Hardware volume control for DAC.
Requires at least Linux kernel 4.19.97
Requires DAC2 case if used with add-on boards. Will fit in earlier DAC cases for PI3 and Pi4 if used without the add-on board.