- Internally, the filament path is identical to that of an already proven design.
- The design is simple as the number of custom machined parts is kept to a minimum.
- The PTFE is not stressed nor used to provide support. This reduces a point of failure that is part of other designs.
- Heat transmission is improved as there is no thermal junction where a separate heater screws onto the nozzle.
- Longer melt zone to reduce the temperature required for extrusion.
This is the authentic J-Head Mk V-BV hot end with a 0.35mm nozzle for 1.75mm filament. This hot-end easily interfaces with the most popular RepRap extruders, including Wade's Extruder, Greg Frost's Hinged Accessible Extruder, etc.
Please note: The maximum operating temperature is 247 degrees Celsius as PEEK will soften at 248degC. Due to many variables, affecting the accuracy of the temperature readings and settings, caution is recommended when extruding at temperatures approaching this limit.
1 - Assembled J-Head MK V-BV Hot-End with 0.35mm nozzle
1 - Power Resistor, 5.6 ohm
1 - Thermistor - 100K, 3%
1 - PTFE Insulation for the resistor and thermistor