- Provides battery backup power for serial real-time clock, non-volatile TIMEKEEPER® and supervisor devices in the 28-pin SNAPHAT® SOIC package
- Removable battery avoids heat associated with surface-mount process
- Snaps directly onto surface-mounted SNAPHAT SOIC
- Keyed insertion to ensure proper assembly
- Removable for replacement and proper disposal
The M4T28-BR12SH SNAPHAT®top is a detachable lithium power source for ST’s serial real-time clock and non-volatile TIMEKEEPER® surface-mount SOIC package (28-pin).
The SNAPHAT top contains both the battery and crystal and is designed to be “snapped on” after the SOIC is surface mounted on the PC board. Thus the two-piece solution prevents the battery and crystal from being exposed to the high temperatures of the surface-mount process.
Nominal battery voltage (VCC): 2.8V
Nominal battery capacity: 48 mAh
Crystal load capacitance (CL): 12.5 pF
Nominal crystal frequency: 32.768 kHz
Crystal accuracy (at 25°C): ± 35 ppm