- Perfect power supply for your portable project
- Safe for all 5V-powered electronics like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or Beagle Bone
- Boost converter chip extras: synchronous conversion, excellent efficiency, and 700KHz high-frequency operation
- 4A internal switch means you can get 1000mA+ from a 3.7V LiPoly/LiIon battery.
- Low battery indicator LED lights up when the voltage dips below 3.2V, optimized for LiPo/LiIon battery usage
PowerBoost 1000 has a built-in battery charger circuit, so you'll be able to keep your project running even while recharging the battery! This DC/DC boost converter module can be powered by any 1.8V or higher battery to convert the battery output to 5.2V DC for 5V projects. With a beefy 4A DC/DC converter, it can give you 1A+ from as low as 2V.
The output is 5.2V instead of a straight-up 5.0V to give little bit of 'headroom' for long cables, high draw or the addition of a diode on the output. The 5.2V is safe for all 5V-powered electronics while preventing brown-outs during high current draw because of USB cable resistance.
The PowerBoost 1000 has a TPS61030 boost converter from TI. This boost converter chip has some really nice extras. Disconnect the output completely by connecting the Enable pin to ground with synchronous operation. This completely turns off the output. Onboard 1000mA charge-rate 'iOS' data resistors. Adding the USB connector allows you to plug in any iPhone, iPod or iPad mini/classic at 1000mA charge rate. Full breakout for battery in, control pins and power out. 90%+ operating efficiency, and low quiescent current: 5mA when enabled and power LED is on, 20uA when power is off.
1 - Fully assembled and tested PCB
1 - Loose 2-PH JST jack
1 - 2-pin Terminal block
1 - Loose USB A jack
Dimensions: 1.1" x .9" x .1"
Height w/ JST: 0.30"