- Compatible with all the boards in the MKR family
- Four servo motor outputs and four DC motor outputs (two high performance + two standard performance)
- LEDs to visually indicate the direction of the rotation of the DC motors
- Two inputs for encoder sensors and four inputs for analog sensors (3-pin compatible)
- LiPo battery connector (2S or 3S compatible) and power terminal block for alternative power source
Want to connect several motors and sensors to your mechatronic project? The Arduino MKR Motor Carrier is the perfect companion for Arduino MKR boards as it will allow you to rapidly prototyping and build your projects. The MKR Motor Carrier is an MKR add-on board designed to control servo, DC, and stepper motors. The Carrier can also be used to connect other actuators and sensors via a series of 3-pin male headers.
This board features two MC33926 motor drivers for high-performance DC motor control with direct connection to the MKR1000, current feedback, and capacity for up to 5 Amps (peak). In addition, there are two DRV8871 drivers that are controlled from a SAMD11 microcontroller that communicates with the MKR1000 via I2C (SPI optional). The SAMD11 is also used to control the servos, read the encoders, and read the battery voltage. There is an interrupt line connecting the SAMD11 (on PA27) and the MKR board.
Battery status indicator
ON-OFF switch with Power ON LED
Microcontroller: ATSAMD11 ( Arm Cortex-M0+ processor)
Clock speed: 48 Mhz
On board voltage regulator: 5V
Rated voltage: 6.5 to 11.1V
Reverse current protection : Yes