- Robust, heavy-duty design with a 32 mm voice coil attached to a steel spider
- Pre-applied 3M™ VHB™ adhesive for quick, secure installation
- Rare-earth neodymium motor and a proprietary two-layer voice coil
- 4-ohm impedance for use with small, Class D amplifiers
- 40 watt RMS power handling for high output
Dayton Audio's DAEX32EP-4 Thruster exciter is built to turn large, thick, rigid surfaces into speakers. The 32 mm voice coil is attached to a steel spider for maximum restoring force when large amounts of power are applied, making it perfect for large glass panes, furniture, and surfaces that would normally resist the effects of an exciter.
A neodymium magnet is employed to create maximum magnetic flux around the proprietary voice coil for increased sensitivity when compared to similar sized exciters. In turn, this reduces power requirements and makes it possible to use very small Class D audio amplifiers, without sacrificing total output.
To ensure maximum acoustic energy transfer between the transducer and the surface to which it is attached, 3M VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive is pre-applied to the main body ... just peel and stick! Two male spade quick-disconnect terminals are built onto the main body for quick electrical connection.
Power handling: 40 watts RMS
VCdia: 32 mm
Nominal impedance: 4 ohms
Re: 3.3 ohms
Le: 0.21 mH
Fs (uncoupled): 395 Hz
Size: 2.36" overall diameter x 0.98" tall
Adhesive dimensions: 1.64" outside diameter, 0.86" inside diameter