- ARM Cortex M0+ processor running at 48MHz
- 5V differential Step, Dir and Enable outputs for an external stepper driver (differential or single ended mode)
- Two medium-current (2A max) outputs at VIN voltage with PWM capability and built-in flyback diodes
- One 5V-level output with PWM capability (3mA max)
- Three digital inputs with permanent 27K pullup resistors, protected against over-voltage.
The 1XD board provides step, direction and enable outputs to interface a Duet 3 system with a motor controller that takes those inputs. In addition it has a number of peripheral inputs and outputs for functions such as sensing driver alarms, temperature and controlling a brake and axis endstop. It connects to the Duet 3 CAN-FD bus using RJ11 connectors (same as the Duet 3 Mainboard 6HC, Expansion 3HC, and the tool distribution board). Multiple drivers can be daisy chained on the bus, with power (up to 48V) provided locally to the 1XD board. This allows for very large machines to be constructed without a significant wiring burden and signal integrity issues.
1 - Duet 3 Expansion 1XD
One thermistor input (reduced accuracy compared to other Duet 3 boards, so PT1000 sensors not recommended).
RJ11 CAN In and CAN Out connectors to connect to the Duet 3 CAN-FD bus.