- Up to 5 additional TMC2660 stepper motor drivers with stall notification.
- 5 additional extruder heater outputs.
- Support for 2 more thermocouple or PT100 daughter boards, supporting up to 4 more sensors.
- Optional 5V external power input for powering servos, fans etc.
- 5 servo outputs with 5V power and 5V signal levels, sharing control channels with the heaters. So you can use unused heater channels to drive servos.
The Duex 5 is a expansion board for the Duet 2 Wifi and Ethernet. They provide up to 5 additional stepper, heater etc channels to allow for 3d printers or other machines with more axis, multiple drivers per axis, tool changers, etc. The Duex 5 has been modified to remove the need for a separate board for the Duex 2. The 5 can be converted to a 2. The Duex 2 has the same feature list, just with 2 channels of TMC on board strepper drivers, rather than 5. Both are supplied with the 50 way connector cable between the DuetWifi and the Duex.
The Duex is designed to be mounted back-to-back with the Duet 2 using long M4 screws and spacers. Alternatively, it can be mounted adjacent to the Duet 2 with the expansion connectors on the two boards next to each other.
1 - Duex Board
5 additional endstop inputs with indicator LEDs and 3.3V/5V voltage selection. These are also usable as outputs.
6 additional PWM controlled fan outputs*, also usable for driving LEDs etc. The output voltage may be switched between 5V, 12V and VIN.
4 uncommitted general purpose I/O pins.
12V 2A switching regulator, for generating a 12V supply for fans, LEDs etc. when the VIN power is higher than 12V.
5 additional thermistor inputs.