- Narrowest beam sensor in I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ line rejects small clutter
- Low power consumption allows it to be powered by many different types of power sources
- Easy to use I2C interface controls up to 127 sensors using only two wires
- For applications where only larger objects need to be detected.
- Great for security, motion detection, landing flying objects, use with battery powered projects, autonomous navigation, educational and hobby robotics and collision avoidance.
The I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ4 has the highest noise tolerance and the narrowest beam of any of MaxBotix indoor sensors. The sensor is calibrated and tested to provide stable range readings to large targets even in electrically and acoustically noisy environments. It features one-centimeter resolution, a great blend of sensitivity as well as side object rejection, short to long distance detection, range information from 20cm to 765cm, up to a 40Hz read rate, and an I2C interface.
The MB1242 from the I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ line of sensors is a very small, less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications.
In addition, the MB1242 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real-time background automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Resolution: 1 cm
Reading rate: 40Hz
Maximum range: 765 cm
Minimum range: 20 cm
Operating Voltage: 3.0-5.5V
Manufacturer SKU: MB1242-000