Maxbotix MB1030 LV-MaxSonar-EZ3 Ultrasonic Rangefinder
- Narrow beam and excellent side object rejection
- Best for large object detection applications
- Great for when MB1040 is not sensitive enough
- Can be powered by many different types of power sources
- Great for landing flying objects, use with battery powered projects, autonomous navigation, and educational and hobby robotics.
The LV-MaxSonar-EZ3 is a narrow beam sensor with good side object rejection. It has slightly wider beam width than the MB1040 LV-MaxSonar-EZ4 which makes it a good choice for when the LV-MaxSonar-EZ4 does not have enough sensitivity for the application. It features one-inch resolution, a narrow beam as well as excellent side object rejection, range information from 6 inches to 254 inches, a 20Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB1030 from the LV-MaxSonar-EZ line of sensors is a very small, less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications.
In addition, the MB1030 learns the ringdown pattern when commanded to start ranging. This helps the sensor to learn the environment and can help the sensor ignore obstacles that are present at power-up.
Resolution: 1 in
Reading rate: 20Hz
Outputs: Analog Voltage, RS232 Serial, and Pulse Width
Maximum range: 254 inches (645 cm)
Minimum range: 6 inches (~15 cm)
Operating Voltage: 2.5V-5.5V
Manufacturer SKU: MB1030-000