MaxBotix MB1212 I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ1 Ultrasonic Rangefinder
- Wide and sensitive beam pattern detects smaller objects
- Low power consumption allows it to be powered by many different types of power sources
- Great sensor with easy to use I2C interface controls up to 127 sensors using only two wires
- Can detect people up to approximately 10 feet
- Great for people detection, security, motion detection, landing flying objects, use with battery powered projects, autonomous navigation, educational and hobby robotics and collision avoidance.
The I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ1 is the most recommended indoor sensor, and offers a lower hardware gain and a slightly smaller, narrower beam pattern than the MB1202. This makes the I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ1 a great choice for people detection applications at a low cost. It features one-centimeter resolution, a great blend of sensitivity as well as side object rejection, short to long distance detection, range information from 25cm to 765cm, up to a 40Hz read rate, and an I2C interface.
The MB1212 from the I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ line of sensors is a very small, less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications.
In addition, the MB1212 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real-time background automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Resolution: 1 cm
Reading rate: 40Hz
Maximum range: 765 cm
Minimum range: 25 cm
Operating Voltage: 3.0-5.5V
Manufacturer SKU: MB1212-000