- Input voltage: 2.5 V to 18 V (can be higher than, the same as, or lower than the 12 V output)
- Fixed 12 V output with 4% accuracy
- Typical continuous output current: 200 mA (actual continuous output current depends on input voltage)
- <2 mA typical no-load quiescent current
- Integrated over-temperature shutoff
The Pololu step-up/step-down voltage regulator S10V2F12 is a switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) with a single-ended primary-inductor converter (SEPIC) topology. It takes an input voltage from 2.5 V to 18 V and increases or decreases the voltage to a fixed 12 V output with a typical efficiency of 70% to 80%.
This flexibility in input voltage is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above 12 V and drops below as the battery discharges. Since it lacks the typical restriction that the battery voltage stay above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered.
In typical applications, this regulator can deliver over 200 mA continuous. The regulator’s thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating, but it does not have short-circuit or reverse-voltage protection.
Minimum operating voltage: 2.5V
Maximum operating voltage: 18V
Maximum output current: 200 mA
Output voltage: 12V
Maximum quiescent current: 2 mA
Size: 0.40″ × 0.575″ × 0.1″
Weight without headers: 0.6 g