- Input voltage: 2.7 V to 11.8 V
- Fixed 5V output with +5/-3% accuracy
- Typical continuous output current: 1 A when stepping down; 500 mA when stepping up
- Power-saving feature maintains high efficiency at low currents (quiescent current is less than 0.1 mA)
- Integrated over-temperature and short-circuit protection
The Pololu step-up/step-down voltage regulator S7V7F5 is a switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) that uses a buck-boost topology. It takes an input voltage from 2.7V to 11.8V and increases or decreases the voltage to a fixed 5V output with a typical efficiency of over 90%.
This flexibility in input voltage is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above 5 V and drops below as the battery discharges. Without the typical restriction on the battery voltage staying above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered.
Minimum operating voltage: 2.7V
Maximum operating voltage: 11.8V
Maximum output current: 1A
Output voltage: 5V
Maximum quiescent current: 0.1mA
Size: 0.35″ × 0.475″ × 0.1″
Weight without headers: 0.6 g