- Input voltage: 2.7 V to 11.8 V
- Fixed 5 V output with +5/-3% accuracy
- Typical continuous output current: 500 mA to 1 A across most combinations of input and output voltages
- Power-saving feature maintains high efficiency at low currents (quiescent current is less than 0.2 mA)
- Integrated over-temperature and short-circuit protection
The Pololu step-up/step-down voltage regulator S7V8F5 is a switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) that uses a buck-boost topology. It takes an input voltage from 2.7 V to 11.8 V and increases or decreases the voltage to a fixed 5 V output with a typical efficiency of over 90%. The input voltage can be higher than, lower than, or equal to the set output voltage, and the voltage is regulated to achieve a steady 5 V.
This flexibility in input voltage is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above the desired output voltage and drops below the target as the battery discharges. Without the typical restriction on the battery voltage staying above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered.
Minimum operating voltage: 2.7V
Maximum operating voltage: 11.8V
Maximum output current: 1A
Output voltage: 5V
Maximum quiescent current: 0.2mA
Size: 0.45″ × 0.65″ × 0.1″
Weight without headers: 0.6 g