3D Fuel Advanced PLA Filament - 1.75mm, Fossil Fuel Black, 5lb
3D-Fuel Advanced PLA filament is being produced from high heat grade PLA, developed specifically for the manufacturing of 3D printer filament. High heat grade resin exhibits improved heat resistance and has faster crystalization rates. When using 3D-Fuel filament made from this resin you can expect: Low odor; Higher print detail/resolution; Excellent first layer adhesion; Improved adhesion between layers; Reduced warping, curling, and failed prints.
It is essential to ensure filaments are dry prior to printing. APLA filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 190-230C. It is recommended to use high water content hair spray (as opposed to high ethyl alcohol content) or painter's tape on the build plate to ensure the first layer of the print sticks to the plate. PEI (with a heated bed), BuildTak, and direct printing on acrylic can also produce good results. For more stability and a higher quality print:
- Reduce the speed of the extruder to 30-60mm/second
- Increase infill to 30%
- Reduce layer height to 0.10mm
- For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
- Print in an area with good airflow and/or and active cooling fan that directs airflow directly on the print.
- Clean the base plate after each day of printing.
- Clean the nozzle after every use for best performance.