Adafruit Ultimate GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Pi 2
- 165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Built in Real Time Clock (RTC) with CR1220 backup battery for 7-years or more of timekeeping even if it's off!
- Internal patch antenna which works quite well when used outdoors
- u.FL connector for external active antenna for when used indoors or in locations without a clear sky view
- Fix status LED blinks to let you know when the GPS has determined the current coordinates
This new HAT from Adafruit adds their celebrated Ultimate GPS on it, so you can add precision time and location to your Raspberry Pi Model A+ or B+. We spun up a HAT based on our Ultimate GPS, added a coin-cell holder for RTC usage, break-outs for all the Raspberry Pi's extra pins, and plenty of prototyping area for adding LEDs, sensors, and more. Please note, this HAT takes over the Raspberry Pi's hardware UART to send/receive data to and from the GPS module. So, if you need to use the RX/TX pins with a console cable, you cannot also use this HAT. Instead, you'll have to use a composite or HDMI monitor and keyboard to log in, or use ssh to connect over the network to your Pi. A CR1220 will let you use the real-time-clock capability of the GPS HAT.
1 - Fully Assembled GPS + PCB
1 - 2x20 GPIO Header
Some light soldering is required to attach the 2x20 GPIO header.
Only 20mA current draw
Dimensions w/ components: 65mm x 56mm x 7mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.3"
Raspberry Pi not included.
CR1220 Coin battery not included.