- Simple design - plug in power, plug in IDC cable, run our Python code!
- Power protection circuitry - you can plug a 5V 4A wall adapter into the HAT and it will automatically protect against negative, over or under-voltages!
- Works with any of Adafruit 16x32, 32x32, 32x64 or 64x64(even with 'E' address pins) RGB LED Matrices with HUB75 connections
- Onboard level shifters to convert the RasPi's 3.3V to 5.0V logic for clean and glitch free matrix driving
- DS1307 Real Time Clock can keep track of time for the Pi even when it is rebooted or powered down, to make for really nice time displays
You can now create a dazzling display with your Raspberry Pi Model Zero/A+/B+/Pi 2/3/ or Pi 4 with the Adafruit RGB Matrix HAT. This HAT plugs into your Pi and makes it super easy to control RGB matrices such as those we stock in the shop and create a colorful scrolling display or mini LED wall with ease.You can even chain multiple matrices together for a longer display, you can chain as many as you like but the bigger the display the harder it is on the Pi so keep that in mind! We don't recommend more than 64x128 pixel setups.
HAT PCB with all surface mount parts assembled
1 - 2x20 female socket connector
1 - 2-pin terminal block
1 - 2x8 IDC socket connector
PCB Dimensions: 65mm x 57mm x 2mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.08"
Height (with barrel input): 13mm / 0.5"
Only for use with HUB75 type RGB Matrices.
Not for use with NeoPixel, DotStar, or other 'addressable' LEDs.
Some light soldering is required to attach the headers to your Pi.
CR1220 coin cell, 5V power supply (required for Matrix), RGB Matrix, and Raspberry Pi not included