- Strong, tough, easy to print ASA filament
- Replacement for ABS with a beautiful smooth satin finish
- Pairs with Scaffold Snap support material for reliable adhesion and clean breakaway
- Offers highly accurate printing with exceptional flow properties
- Ideal for printing detailed parts with tiny nozzles, like E3D's experimental 0.15mm nozzle
A strong ASA filament for 3D printing, MatX is a drop-in-replacement for ABS applications that provides generally improved properties across the board, with increased layer adhesion and a much improved surface finish. MatX offers a lovely shiny satin finish and the rich color that you can expect with all filaments in the spoolWorks range.
Due to its exceptional flow properties MatX offers highly accurate printing, making it a great material for printing detailed parts with tiny nozzles, right down to our 0.15mm nozzles. As an ASA-based filament, it offers about ten times the weathering resistance and resistance to ultraviolet radiation of ABS, higher long-term heat resistance, and resistance to chemicals like cleaning products.
When printed alongside Scaffold Snap, the two materials adhere together, with Snap firmly supporting MatX. Print beautiful, complex geometries without underside surface scarring.
Color: Dark Grey
Filament Size: 2.85mm
Printing temperature 240degC
Bed Temp: 105degC–120degC
Bed Adhesion: Glue stick on glass, Dimafix adhesive
Heat Deflection Temperature: 85degC
Keep in mind, all 3D printers are unique so adjust settings to taste!