- 3D Potter's largest model for 3D Ceramic and paste printing capable of printing 360 degrees with continuous rotation
- Duet Web Control is a fully developed UI for the Scara
- No Software requirements, access the interface via a web browser!
- This is a dedicated heavy duty purpose-built robot driven by sophisticated harmonic drive units used in large industrial robots
- Can be positioned on a substantial table top and you can start printing right away within a limited envelope area. Or you can give it its own dedicated space for partial or full envelope.
The Scara V4 is the first viable large-scale ceramic 3D printer using real clay. The advanced design and substantial construction can handle on board loads like the 3D Potter 3600 ml clay extruder or a hose assembly. But where it really shines is when it's coupled with 3D Potter's new large capacity continuous high pressure hose extrusion system. It can now deliver clay loads between 85 - 250 lb continuous extrusion.
For object generation, the Scara V4 is similar to the rest of the 3D Potter line ceramic printers. It's is just like any other 3D printer which requires an STL file to be sliced by a third-party program. We recommend Simplify3D, and then loading the file to the SD card in the printer, which can be done over WiFi.
The Scara V4 build envelope is quite unique because it's capable of printing 360 degrees with continuous rotation. This means you can create a huge vessel with the printer initially residing inside the vessel or structure. This opens up a whole another opportunity to print small habitat structures (houses). Larger printers are available for this potential habitat project.
Included in Box
1 - Scara V4-409
1 - Closed loop stepper on X, Y, Z, extruder
1 - 3600ml extruder tube
5 - Anodized aluminum nozzles (standard sizes: 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8mm)
Parts Box: Alan key set, grease, Acme driver tool, tie wraps, extra screws
Power Supply, USB cable
Printing Envelope: X/Y - 72" dia (1829mm), Z - 45" (1143mm)
3D Printer size(WxLxH): 34 x 18 x 44 in
Max Operation space needed(WxLxH): 88 x 88 x 84 in
Height to the top of the extruder fully extended: 84" (1270mm)
Recommended print speed: 1.2’’ to 3.9’’/s (30 to 100 mm/s)
Maximum print speed: 7.9in”/s (200mm/s)
Power Supply: Output - 24V 15 amps, Input - 1100-220, 50-60 Hertz.
Power consumption: 24V ~ 10 amps, ~240 Watt
Main controller board running Duet3D with Atmel SAM4E8E: 120MHz ARM Cortex-M4
Full control through web interface, no apps or software installation.