- Fully-integrated GPS (MT3337 chipset with -165 dBm tracking sensitivity) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 32ohm speaker + electret microphone
- Onboard LiPoly battery charging circuitry so you can take your project on the go.
- Vibrational motor (buzzer) driver so you can have noiseless notifications
- Indicator LEDs for power and network connectivity
Cellular + GPS tracking, all in one? Oh yes! Introducing Adafruit FONA 808 MiniGSM + GPS, an all-in-one cellular phone module with that lets you add location-tracking, voice, text, SMS and data to your project in an adorable little package. (It does not contain a drum machine, tho)
This module measures only 1.75"x1.6" but packs a surprising amount of technology into it's little frame. At the heart is a powerful GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM808) with integrated GPS. This module can do just about everything.
Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz - connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM (Note that not all countries have working 2G networks, there is no USA 2G network anymore)
Fully-integrated GPS (MT3337 chipset with -165 dBm tracking sensitivity) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 32Ω speaker + electret microphone
Send and receive SMS messages
Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
Standard SIM slides into the back
22 tracking / 66 acquisition channels
GPS L1 C/A code
Sensitivity: Tracking: -165 dBm, Cold starts : -147 dBm
Time-To-First-Fix: Cold starts: 32s (typ.), Hot starts: 1s (typ.), Warm starts: 5s (typ.)?
Accuracy: approx 2.5 meters
Size:44mm x 43mm x 8mm / 1.7" x 1.7" x 0.3"
Requires (not included) a microcontroller, SIM CARD, LiPoly Battery, Micro USB cable, uFL GSM Antenna, Passive GPS antenna.