- Dedicated 32 Bit Processor (ARM Cortex M4F @120 Mhz)
- RJ11 CAN In and CAN Out connectors to connect to the Duet 3 CAN-FD bus
- An advanced TMC2160A stepper driver: SPI controlled, can be run in open loop or closed loop mode.
- 5V and 3.3V available on IO headers for low current external devices, Maximum 300mA at 5V (3.3V is converted from 5V so if using 3.3V externally the 5V limit is reduced).
- Jumper to force bootloader to request firmware update from Duet 3 main board
The Duet 3 Expansion 1HCL is a CAN-FD connected expansion board that is designed to provide a high current stepper motor driver, combined with multiple interfaces for position feedback. It has a number of peripheral inputs and outputs for functions such as sensing motor temperature, controlling a brake and axis endstop. It connects to the Duet 3 CAN-FD bus using RJ11 connectors (the same as the Duet 3 Mainboard 6HC, Duet 3 expansion boards, and the tool distribution board). Multiple 1HCL boards can be daisy chained on the bus, with power (up to 48V) provided locally. This allows for very large machines to be constructed without a significant wiring burden and signal integrity issues.
ARM Cortex-M4F microcontroller running at 120MHz.
An advanced TMC2160A stepper driver: SPI controlled, can be run in open loop or closed loop mode. Maximum motor current 6.3A peak per phase (4.45A RMS).
Two medium-current (2.5A max recommended) outputs at VIN or VBRAKE voltage with PWM capability
Two 3.3V-level PWM capable output (3mA max),
Two digital inputs
One thermistor/PT1000 input
12 to 48V power input
On-board 12V, 5V and 3.3V regulators
CAN-FD interconnect to main controller board and other expansion boards