- 10DOF motion sensors, 2 watt audio amp, high speed 5V buffers for driving APA102 LEDs, and an 8 Mbyte flash memory
- Designed to add interactive light and sound effects for props and wearables
- Control audio amplifiers and LEDs
- Lower cost version of Prop Shield
- Motion Sensors not included
The Prop Shield is meant for making interactive light and sound effects on small handheld props and wearable costumes. This shield features a 2 watt audio amp, high speed 5V buffers for driving APA102 LEDs, and an 8 Mbyte flash memory for images, sound clips, or data logging. It's approximately the size of a Teensy, just slightly longer to allow space for mounting holes and connections for power, speaker, and LEDs.
With Teensy 3.2, the Teensy Audio Library can be used to create sounds. Nearly all the audio library examples are designed for the Audio Shield. To adapt them for the Prop Shield, replace "i2s1" with "dac1" in the Design Tool, or AudioOutputI2S with AudioOutputAnalog in the Arduino code. Then delete the SGTL5000 object and any code which uses it.